Otolaryngology (also known as ENT) is a medical/surgical specialty which encompasses the comprehensive evaluation and treatment of most head and neck disorders for both adults and children.
Common problems include:
- Ear problems (Otology) - Loss of hearing, ear infections, ear pain, dizziness
- Nasal and sinus problems (Rhinology) - Sinus infections, allergies, difficulty breathing, altered sense of smell
- Throat problems (Laryngology) - Snoring, tonsillitis, voice loss, difficulty swallowing, hoarseness, chronic cough, acid reflux
- Tumors of the head and neck - Thyroid goiters, skin cancer, voice box, salivary glands, other swelling in the face or neck
- Pediatric ENT Care - Ear infections, recurrent tonsillitis, snoring, obstructive sleep apnea, speech delay, hearing loss, allergy
- Management of hearing aids (Audiology) - Please review our Audiology Services site
In short, Otolaryngology encompasses the above areas in both children and adults for both medical and surgical management of these clinical problems.