DCOL Center for Clinical Research began conducting clinical trials in 2005. We are a dedicated research department within Diagnostic Clinic of Longview, a large, multi-specialty group practice consisting of over 100 physicians. Longview is located in Northeast Texas with a population of about 77,000. However, due to the large number of surrounding towns and communities we draw patients from a total population of about 250,000. Our group practice has an active database of over 140,000 patients. The research department has access to EMR, so we are able to run searches and recruit specific patient populations.
Being a department of Diagnostic Clinic of Longview, we have easy access to other departments such as Radiology, Ultrasound, Imaging, Echocardiograms, and GI procedures. In addition, we utilize only Central IRBs.
- Anita Scribner, M.D. - Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease
- Timothy Tobin, M.D. F.A.C.P. - Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Kathleen Weindorff, MD - Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Jeffrey Shea, M.D. F.C.C.P. - Board Certified in Internal Medicine and in the subspecialties of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine.
- Samir Germanwala, D.O. - Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology.
- Andrei Gasic, M.D. - Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Cynthia Somers, M.D. - Board Certified in Pediatrics
- Karen Roberts, M.D. - Board Certified in Pediatrics
- Paul Lin, M.D. F.A.C.O.G. - Board Certified in Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Amy Stacey, PA-C
- Jeanne Russell, PA-C
The Research Team
The research staff at DCOL Center for Clinical Research has over 100 years of combined experience in the research industry and has conducted approximately 200 clinical trials since opening the department in 2005.
- Anita Scribner, M.D. - Medical Director
- Sharon Coppinger, BBA, CCRC - Clinical Research Manager
- Krys Guice, MA - Financial & Regulatory Administrator
- Carrie Green, RN, BSN, CCRC - Certified Clinical Research Coordinator
- Eva "Muffin" Stagner, BS, CCRC - Certified Clinical Research Coordinator
- Tina Hudson, RN, CCRC - Certified Clinical Research Coordinator
- Wendy Oden, LVN, CRC - Clinical Research Coordinator
- Keith Still - Device and Lab Coordinator
- Beth Kilpatrick - Office Assistant
- Kimberley Cassin - Patient Recruiter
- 4 patient exam rooms
- A limited access, temperature controlled drug room
- Monitor areas (wired and wireless capability)
- Lab area for processing and shipping
- ECG Machine
- Dry ice delivered weekly (IATA certifications maintained)
- Min/Max thermometers for all areas
- Refrigerator and -20 degree and -70 degree freezers
- PFT Spirometer
- Yearly calibration of all equipment
About Diagnostic Clinic of Longview (DCOL)
Diagnostic Clinic of Longview (DCOL) is a multi-specialty physician group practice of more than 100 physicians and 30 mid-level providers, in 18 locations. We have served the Longview area for more than 35 years.
The principal focus of our practice is in the delivery of primary care services, as well as 16 medical sub-specialties. Specific service areas include:
- Laboratory services
- Diagnostic imaging
- Durable medical equipment
- Sleep medicine
- Physical therapy
- Research Center
- Family Care
- Quick Care
- Women's Health Care Clinic
- Infectious Disease
- Cardiovascular surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgery
- Otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat)
- Allergy, asthma, and immunology
- Orthopaedics and sports medicine
We are the largest multi-specialty practice in Longview, operated by more than 90 physicians. This means that our operating philosophy is led by skilled, knowledgeable medical practitioners who are dedicated to providing good patient care. We know that our success lies in anticipating and meeting the needs of the people who live and work in the communities we serve.
DCOL member physicians practice at both Longview Regional Medical Center and Good Shepherd Medical Center, and play an important role in the medical leadership of each hospital. Over the years, we have earned a reputation in the community as the premier physician group, offering quality medical care and great customer service.
707 Hollybrook Drive, Ste 501
Longview, Texas 75605
Phone: (903) 238-8854
Fax: (903) 238-9934
All potential applicants must submit an application through Diagnostic Clinic of Longview. If you are interested in being considered for a possible position with DCOL Center for Clinical Research, please go to www.dcol.net and click on the Job Openings button in the middle of the screen.